Published: 05. jun. 2023
On Friday, 2 June 2023, the 15th IPSSC and CMBE student conference successfully came to an end.
At the conference, which was held from 31 May to 2 June 2023 at the Mekinje Monastery, students had the opportunity to present their research work. The programme was complemented with lectures from successful presenters from various fields:
- Prof. Tomaž Grušovnik: From Morality to Authenticity: Ethics, Research and Career Development,
- Dr. Mark Pleško, CEO at COSYLAB: The problem is how one can earn money with physics and here I present you my rather unorthodox solution,
- Dr. Matija Gatalo, National Institute of Chemistry and ReCatalyst: ´Black powder´as the heart of the hydrogen-powered transport,
- Dr. Maya Petek and Tinca Lukan, Mlada akademija: Choosing a right professional Journey after PhD: Exploring Career Options.
This year, awards for the best student contributions were presented to:
- Anja Ilenič: Validating affordable bicycle-mounted sensors for behaviour change to reduce air pollution,
- Peter Nimac: Robotised Flattening of a Crumpled Cloth,
- Anja Pavlovič: Aluminium can potentiate fluoride-mediated apoptosis in macrophage THP-1 cells,
- Cathrine Terro: Developing The Foodtrack Database Tool for Ensuring Food Authenticity, Traceability and Tackling Food Fraud.
Congratulations to all the award winners!
We would also like to thank the sponsors of the IPSSC: IJS, Akrapovič, NIB, Scan Pfeiffer Vacuum, Istrabenz plini, ETI, Salonit Anhovo, Primalab, Mikro+Polo, RedBull and Sanolabor, and photographer Prof. Radojko Jaćimović.
The excellent work of the Organising Committee is greatly appreciated. See you again next year!
Back to all news