For the enrolment to the 2019/2020 academic year use e-form for the following study programmes:
In addition to the electronic application, candidates must also submit the following documents and potential additional certificates by the end of a particular enrolment deadline:
1. Printed and signed enrolment application from eVŠ
3. Diploma or Degree Certificate - (certified) copy of the diploma certificate of the highest acquired education (if the diploma certificate has not been issued yet, the candidates submit a copy of a temporary certificate of graduation – when the official diploma certificate is issued, candidates should also submit a copy)
4. Transcript of records - (certified) copy of the entire diploma supplement or a transcript of records with the average grade (from previous studies)
5. Motivation letter for studies, including the selected study programme and the description of the research field (1 Page)
6. Letter(s) of recommendation (optional)
7. Description and Certificates of Work experience (optional)
8. Photo for documents
Candidates must suggest a supervisor and in case of enrolment into the 1st year also select a list of courses in agreement with the suggested supervisor.
The entire call for enrolment to the 2019/2020 academic year is available here.
Request for enrolment of external course(s) is available here.
- could not apply for enrolment before, due to maternity leave or other long-term sick leave, as shown in a corresponding certificate.
Requirements for enrolment into doctoral study programmes are the following:
Graduates from pre-Bologna study programmes for acquiring a master degree or specialisation after concluding a study programme for acquiring a university degree shall be given recognition of 60 ECTS of study obligations in the third-cycle doctoral study programme. Upon enrolling, such candidates shall individually be given compulsory supplementary exams worth 24 ECTS in order to acquire the required comprehensive knowledge. These exams shall be selected from the doctoral study programme course list. The sum of all credit points acquired from the compulsory supplementary exams, individual research work, seminars for the 2nd and 3rd academic year, and eventual optional courses of candidate's choice is 120 ECTS, meaning that the candidate earns, together with 60 ECTS from the recognised obligations, 180 ECTS in total.
Anticipated number of available places for each year of studies:
the case of limited admission at the
third-level programme the Study Commission shall prepare the
list of accepted candidates on the basis of the following criteria:
• achievement in the second-level study (average study grade 10%, master thesis evaluation 10%)
• achievement in the optional exam (80%), which is taking place as a written or an oral exam in presence of a study programme commission, appointed by the Head of the programme. During the exam the candidate shall also present his concluded scientific and professional work, relevant for the chosen study programme. The commission shall evaluate the candidate’s achievement in the optional exam and submit the grade of the optional exam together with the study achievement evaluation to the Study Commission, which classifies the candidates for enrolling in individual academic year of particular study programme.
The main criteria for the evaluation of candidate's scientific work in optional course are following publications:
• original scientific articles with a review in impact factor journals (JCR) or in journals, indexed in data collection SCI, SSCI or A&HCI
• scientific monograph or an independent scientific essay in a monograph,
• documented published papers at congresses, symposia and scientific seminars.
The Commission shall during the optional exam separately consider the patents.
The main criteria for the evaluation of the candidate's professional work in optional course are:
• popular scientific book
• editor or co-editor of a scientific publication, book
• scientific paper
• published presentations, reports or expertises
• popular scientific papers
• other documented professional activities on the commission’s judgement.
We will inform the candidates of the results of enrolment via e-mail within 8 days after each enrolment deadline.
The tuition fee per academic year is 3,960 EUR.
The tuition covers the expenses related to the educational process and organisation.
Since the IPS is a research-oriented postgraduate school, all postgraduate students are included in research work conducted in the framework of Slovenian, international, or industrial research projects.