For the enrolment to the 2019/2020 academic year use e-form for the following study programmes:
addition to the electronic application, candidates must also submit
the following documents and potential additional certificates by the end
of a particular enrolment deadline:
1. Printed and signed enrolment application from eVŠ
3. Diploma or Degree Certificate - (certified) copy of the diploma certificate of the highest acquired education (if the diploma certificate has not been issued yet, the candidates submit a copy of a temporary certificate of graduation – when the official diploma certificate is issued, candidates should also submit a copy)
4. Transcript of records - (certified) copy of the entire diploma supplement or a transcript of records with the average grade (from previous studies)
5. Motivation letter for studies, including the selected study programme and the description of the research field (1 Page)
6. Letter(s) of recommendation (optional)
7. Description and Certificates of Work experience (optional)
8. Photo for documents
Candidates must suggest a supervisor and in case of enrolment into the 1st year also select a list of courses in agreement with the suggested supervisor.
Request for enrolment of external course(s) is available here.
1st Enrolment Deadline: The 1st enrolment period is from 16 March to 30 April 2019.
2nd Enrolment Deadline: The 2nd enrolment period is from 1 May to 30 June 2019.
3rd Enrolment Deadline: The 3rd enrolment period is from 1 July to 10 September 2019.
*4th Enrolment Deadline: The 4th enrolment period is from 11 September to 30 September 2019.
*The final deadline applies to candidates who:
- have not completed their previous studies by 10 September,
- have not acquired funding for their studies,
- have not found a suitable supervisor,
- could not apply for enrolment before, due to maternity leave or other long-term sick leave, as shown in a corresponding certificate.
Requirements for enrolment into the 1st year of a master study programme are the following:
Candidates must also be proficient in English, which they can prove by language proficiency certificates.
Eligible for enrolment in the first academic year of second-level study programmes are candidates who have graduated in the first-level study programmes in natural sciences, technical disciplines or computer science earning at least 180 credit points, or have completed higher education studies in these fields comprising at least three years of lectures. Candidates must also be proficient in English, which they can prove by language proficiency certificates.
Graduates from first-level study programmes in other disciplines, totalling 180 credit points, should address their applications to the IPS Study Commission, which defines study obligations to be met by candidates before enrolment in the first academic year. These obligations are defined from the teaching modules of the first-level study programme depending on the dissimilarity of the disciplines concerned, and total between 10 and 60 credit points. Candidates can fulfil these obligations either during their first-level degree studies, through advanced training programmes or by passing the relevant exams before enrolment in the master’s degree study programme.
Candidates who have completed first-level undergraduate study programmes, totalling 240 KT, in natural sciences, technical disciplines or computer science may enrol in the second academic year of the second-level studies and will be given recognition for 60 credit points worth of study obligations. On enrolment, their compulsory exams earning 18 to 21 credit points will be individually determined so that they can obtain knowledge and skills complementary to their previous studies.
Anticipated number of available places for each year of studies:
Nanosciences and Nanotechnologies: 15
Information and Communication Technologies: 15
In the case of limited admission the Study Commission shall prepare the list of accepted candidates on the basis of the following criteria:
achievement in undergraduate studies,
achievement in optional exam, including the evaluation of eventual prizes and awards, for employed candidates: work experience and recommendations of employers, bibliography of published and accomplished works.
We will inform the candidates of the results of enrolment via e-mail within 8 days
after each enrolment deadline.
The tuition fee per academic year is 3,960 EUR.
The tuition covers the expenses related to the educational process and organisation.
Since the IPS is a research-oriented postgraduate school, all postgraduate students are included in research work conducted in the framework of Slovenian, international, or industrial research projects.
IPS offers the possibility of acquiring an IPS scholarship for master study programmes for the 2018/2019 academic year.